This is a story with pictures about a place that I made fun of as a little girl. I ended up living there that summer. It taught me a valuable lesson. I hope it makes you laugh a little and make you think a little more about the things in life that really matter. I hope it will bring back some of your childhood memories along with feelings of nostalgia.
Recipe for Melted Butter & Jelly sandwich
To make this sandwich you will need a frying pan, butter, jelly and bread.
In a frying pan:
Melt a few tablespoons of Land of Lakes butter over low heat
Add a few tablespoons of Smuckers Strawberry jelly
(*or your favorite jelly)
the amount of each will depend upon your personal taste
Simmer and stir over low heat until melted together.
It will be the consistency of flavored syrup
Spoon over 2 slices of your favorite loaf bread
until it covers the entire slice let it absorb then go over it again.
Put the 2 slices together to make your sandwich
I like mine to where its coming through the bread a little 🙂
Slice in half and serve with coffee (add lots of cream)
My Grand mothers recipe
** I will share a story about this soon, its called The Ugly House
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 large frozen strawberries
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (dairy, coconut, soy, almond)
- 2 teaspoons protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of honey, or to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a blender and enjoy
Makes 2 servings
- 6 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice
1. Add ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!